Mobile Application Development Industry has been expanding rapidly for a decade now and will continue to thrive as the mobile application has now become a necessity for modern-day enterprises. Be it a clothing brand, food delivery or a logistics company, a mobile application is a useful asset for businesses that helps them to ease off their daily operations and function more efficiently further enabling them to grow and increase their overall revenue. Speaking of a good mobile application, UI is an important aspect that defines the usage efficiency of a mobile application. If you are a mobile app developer or a UI/UX Developer, it is necessary that you abide by the latest Mobile App Design Trends. This article will give you a sneak peek into the Hottest Mobile App UI Trends in 2023. So let’s start!
Top Mobile App Design Trends in 2023 That Will Help You Enhance User Experience
Our experienced UI Designers have shortlisted some of the best Mobile App UI Design Trends in 2023. Using these UI trends for your next project will help you to please your users visually.
Never underestimate the power of minimalism in UI design. Simple doesn’t always mean primitive. We are living in an era where “less is more”. Minimalist UI designs have now become a design trend and many innovators in the industry promote minimalist mobile app UI designs and they are also considered the Best mobile UI trends in 2023.
Minimalist UI Designs for mobile apps include:
- Clear Headlines
- Simple Icons
- Extraction of Colour
- Expressive Visual Hierarchy
- Typography as a main element
- Expressive Visual Hierarchy
- Eliminating unnecessary and decorative elements
- High attention ratio to core details
- And last but not least, Plenty of Negative (spare) Space
But what is the objective of using a minimalist UI design? Well, Minimalist interfaces allow your “content” to become the main protagonist of your App. Another plus point is that using this style prevents your competitors from replicating your application as the target users may need help to distinguish between brands.
Eg- Now that Apple Music has switched its UI style to minimalism, other competing applications like Spotify won’t be able to follow this Mobile App UI Trend.
Benefits Of Minimalism in Mobile App UI Design
- Increases Focus On The Important Elements, Features, texts, etc.
- Simplifies the User Interface for users
- Reduced the mental effort of users to take a certain action while using the app, hence minimalist UI design minimizes the cognitive load.
- Improves load times and enhances user engagement as it requires minimum graphics and other elements on the page, hence the loading time also reduces.
- Lower maintenance costs as the minimalist interface can be easily retained and enhanced without much re-designing effort.
- Makes the application more mobile responsive. When a UI of an app is designed with a minimalist approach, it is more likely to work seamlessly on mobile devices due to the lightweight interface and fewer elements.
- AR & VR
AR & VR is a trending mobile app design that is taking over the mobile application development industry by fire.
The popular game “Pokemon Go” has also leveraged the capabilities of AR in its game development. This game introduced the world to AR in its mobile game application and provided an immersive experience to its user, which resulted in its huge popularity. Basically, Pokemon Go brought Augmented Reality to mass audiences and created hype in the gaming world.
Other Popular brands who have leveraged AR & VR for their mobile applications are IKEA, NIKE, Lacoste, LensKart and many others have modernized their applications by integrating AR & VR technologies in their mobile apps.
Recently, Google Maps has also received an AR upgrade. This new upgrade helps its users to see the streets in their mobile phones camera and find the direction indicators on the screen as well.
AR/VR UI designs include various features and elements that are combined together to create an engaging and immersive experience for mobile app users. The elements and features may include
- 3D objects to create an immersive environment that users can interact with. These objects can be anything like buildings, furniture, animals, and characters.
- Head-Up Displays to deliver information about their surroundings and objects available in their objects.
- Gestures such as tapping, swiping, pinching, and grabbing, all these gestures can be customized according to the needs of your mobile application.
- Haptic feedback provides physical feedback to the user, enhancing the immersive experience. This can include vibrations, resistance, and pressure that respond to the user’s gestures and actions.
- Object Manipulation is also a critical element of AR/VR Mobile UI design as it includes moving, resizing, and rotating the objects.
- UI controls provide the user with information and allow them to interact with the application. These controls can include buttons, sliders, and menus, and can be designed to fit the theme and style of the environment.
Benefits Of Using AR/VR in Mobile App UI Design
- Increases User Engagement
- Suitable for creating educational experiences
- Enhances Brand Image
- Increase Scope for Sales
- Provides Competitive Edge
- Provides better user understanding to businesses
- Provides user satisfaction by creating more intuitive and user-friendly experiences.
- Levels up your marketing game as it provides you the opportunity to create highly engaging and memorable marketing campaigns, further helping your business to stand out from the crowd and increase your reach.
- Material Design
Material UI Design is a design language developed by Google in 2014, it became one of the hottest trends in app design.
This UI type combines classic design principles with modern technology to create a consistent user experience across all platforms and devices. The following are some of the main characteristics of Material Design UI:
- Bold and Vibrant Colors allow you to build a visually appealing UI and it is one of the main elements of Material Design UI.
- Clean, Legible, and Modern Typography to build a cohesive visual hierarchy. In materialistic design, you should use bold and easily readable fonts.
- Simple and Clear Icons which are easy to recognize, all the icons used in your Material UI design must be consistent and follow a single design principle as displayed in the rest of the app.
- Material UI design uses a concept called “material surfaces” which means you have to create depth and texture in the mobile application. You can include layers, shadows, and highlights to create a material surface in your mobile application.
- Animations are also a common element used in Material design because this mobile app UI uses subtle animations and transitions to create a user-responsive interface. You can use animation to indicate a change in state/status.
- Grid systems and responsive layouts are other characteristics of material design which help your application achieve consistency and scalability in terms of design. This ensures that your app looks great on all screen sizes and devices.
- Flat design is another approach followed in Material UI, it eliminates irrelevant decorations and only emphasizes simplicity and clarity.
Benefits of Using Material Design in Mobile App UI Design
- Material Design helps you to manage visual consistency as its consistent visual language and design principles enable your app to look and feel consistent and visually compatible across all screen sizes and devices.
- Material UI design provides the ease of scalability and flexibility allowing your UI designers to create user interfaces that can adapt to various screen sizes, orientations, and devices. This boosts the performance and functionality of your mobile application across a wide range of devices.
- Material UI designs strongly emphasize accessibility, it also follows the guidelines for designing user interfaces that are convenient for people with disabilities or other accessibility needs.
- The material design allows you to make your app look more clear and more direct to your users and helps you to market your application in a more concise way.
According to one of the world’s leading animated video companies Wizowl, 96% of people have engaged with an explainer video to check out a product or service. As per statistics, Graphic and animation-rich video content is booming on the internet, and adding motion graphics and animation further improves the performance of the content. Therefore, many applications now use motion graphics in their UI to make their mobile application more visually appealing.
As the name suggests motion design consists of three major elements which are motion, graphics, and design. When you use motion graphics in your mobile app’s UI, you combine graphics that are used in the available space within a short time span.
Benefits Of Using Motion Graphics in Your Mobile App’s UI
- Motion Graphics can grab the attention of users and keep them engaged with your mobile application for a longer period of time as compared to static UI elements.
- Using Motion graphics in your application’s UI will help you to deliver the users with visual feedback when they interact with the different elements of your mobile application. For instance, a button might change its color or show some animated effect to indicate that the user has pressed it.
- Motion Graphics helps to build an emotional connection between brands and its customer.
- Using Motion Graphics allow you to experiment with the overall look of your application and make it more intuitive and convenient.
- Motion Graphics Elements add unobtrusive dynamics to your application and make the interface look more pleasant.
- You can add a fun element to your application and engage your user with the visual content.
- Asymmetrical Elements
Asymmetrical Elements in mobile applications refer to irregular and unbalanced shapes, sizes, and layouts to deliver a dynamic as well as unique visual experience to the user. In simple words, asymmetrical elements disturb the old-fashioned symmetrical layouts that are usually incorporated within a grid and seem static and quite predictable. This design type is one of the hottest Mobile UI Trends 2023.
The following are the key elements used in asymmetrical UI design:
- Irregular Shapes are often incorporated in an asymmetrical UI approach. Irregular shapes mean organic shapes that can create a sense of movement and energy in the design and make it look more interesting and engaging.
- Negative Space is also a major part of asymmetrical elements used in mobile UI. Negative space is often used to develop a sense of balance and harmony. By leaving some areas of the UI empty, you can grab the user’s attention and make your design look more appealing.
- The asymmetrical design also includes unbalanced layouts which are not incorporated with traditional grids or symmetrical patterns. When you use an unbalanced layout in a UI, you may leverage overlapping elements, off-center placements, or other non-uniform techniques and approaches to create an unbalanced and dynamic design to grab your user’s attention.
- sing bold colors and contrast also helps the UI designers to create a sense of movement and energy. You can also use colors and contrast tones to highlight the specific elements on the screen and build a hierarchy of information you want your user to see and understand.
- Typography is another important sub-element used in asymmetrical layouts of mobile app UI designs. Likewise, in other sub-elements of the asymmetrical design approach, using typography also helps you to create a sense of movement, As a designer, you may use various font sizes, styles, and colors to create an unbalanced but harmonious layout that draws the user’s attention.
Benefits Of Using Asymmetrical Elements in Mobile App UI Design
Here are some of the reasons why asymmetrical elements are one of the hottest trends for mobile app development:
- Asymmetrical designs are unique and memorable, making your app stand out from the crowd. With so many apps available, it can be challenging to create a design that is truly distinctive, but asymmetrical elements can help you achieve that.
- Asymmetrical designs can create a more dynamic and interesting visual experience for users. By using irregular shapes, unbalanced layouts, and negative space creatively, designers can create a more visually appealing and engaging design.
- help create a better hierarchy of information in your app. By using color, contrast, and typography creatively, you can draw the user’s attention to specific elements and help them navigate through the app more easily.
- It improves user engagement by making the app feel more responsive and interactive. By using animation, transitions, and other visual effects, designers can create a more immersive and engaging experience for users.
- Using an asymmetrical design approach is a popular trend in mobile app UI design, giving your app a modern and trendy look and feel. This can help keep your app relevant and appealing to users.
In conclusion, mobile app design trends are constantly evolving to meet the changing needs and preferences of users. As we head into 2023, there are several design trends that are set to dominate the market, including asymmetrical elements, dark mode, motion graphics, and personalized experiences.
By incorporating the above-mentioned Trending mobile app design into your mobile app, you can create a more engaging and successful app that stands out in the crowded app market. However, it’s important to remember that these trends are just a starting point and that every app is unique. So, whether you’re designing a new app or updating an existing one, make sure to keep your users’ needs and preferences in mind and create a design that’s tailored to their specific needs.
By staying up-to-date with the latest mobile app design trends and incorporating them into your app, you can ensure that your app remains relevant, engaging, and successful in the years to come. So, embrace the trends, experiment with new ideas, and create a mobile app that your users will love.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply