A curated list of awesome Swift frameworks, libraries and software. Inspired by awesome-swift
- Eureka – Elegant iOS Forms in pure Swift.
- XLActionController – Fully customizable and extensible action sheet controller written in Swift.
- FlourishUI – Framework for models, colour extensions and buttons.
- SwiftColors – HEX colour handling as an extension for UIColor.
- FontAwesome.swift – Use FontAwesome in your Swift projects.
- SwiftOverlays – GUI library for displaying various popups and notifications.
- ios-charts – A powerful chart/graph framework, the iOS equivalent to MPAndroidChart.
- TagCellLayout – UICollectionView layout for Tags with Left, Center & Right alignments.
- TagListView – Simple but highly customizable iOS tag list view.
- SwiftyButton – Simple and customizable button in Swift
- Swiftstraints – a Powerful auto-layout framework that lets you write constraints in one line of code.
- PagingMenuController – Paging view controller with customizable menu in Swift
- GaugeKit – Customizable gauges. Easy reproduce Apple’s style gauges.
- Hokusai – A library for a cool bouncy action sheet
- LNRSimpleNotifications – Simple Swift in-app notifications
- GoogleMaterialIconFont – Google Material Icon Font for Swift and ObjC.
- CozyLoadingActivity – Lightweight loading activity HUD
- VideoSplash – Video based UIViewController
- EZAlertController – Easy Swift UIAlertController
- EZSwipeController– ? UIPageViewController like Snapchat/Tinder/iOS Main Pages
- ImagePicker – A nicely designed and super easy to use ImagePicker. ?
- Notie – In-app notification in Swift, with customizable buttons and input text field.
- Whisper – Break the silence of your UI, whispering, shouting or whistling at it
- HTYTextField – A UITextField with a bouncy placeholder in Swift.
- SwiftPasscodeLock – An iOS passcode lock with TouchID authentication written in Swift.
- SlideMenuControllerSwift – iOS Slide Menu View based on Google+, iQON, Feedly, Ameba iOS app. It is written in pure swift.
- Hue – Hue is the all-in-one colouring utility that you’ll ever need.
- SAHistoryNavigationViewController – SAHistoryNavigationViewController realizes iOS task manager like UI in UINavigationContoller.
- WobbleView – Implementation of wobble effect for any view in the app.
- SimpleAlert – Customizable simple Alert and simple ActionSheet for Swift
- Interactive Side Menu – Customizable iOS Interactive Side Menu is written in Swift 3.0.
- NFDownloadButton – Revamped Download Button.
- EFQRCode – A better way to operate quick response code in Swift.
- SendIndicator – Yet another task indicator.
- SectionedSlider – Control Center Slider.
- Cupcake – An easy way to create and layout UI components for iOS.
- PinLayout – Extremely Fast views layout without auto layout. No magic, pure code, full control and blazing fast. Concise syntax, intuitive, readable & chainable.
- Gemini – Gemini is rich scroll based animation framework for iOS, written in Swift.
- FileKit – Simple and expressive file management in Swift.
- SwiftyJSON – The better way to deal with JSON data in Swift.
- json-swift – A basic library for working with JSON in Swift.
- Argo – JSON parsing library for Swift, inspired by Aeson.
- ObjectMapper – JSON Object mapping written in Swift.
- Alamofire-SwiftyJSON – Alamofire extension for serializing NSData to SwiftyJSON.
- SWXMLHash – Simple XML parsing in Swift.
- AEXML – Simple and lightweight XML parser for iOS written in Swift.
- Starscream – WebSockets Library
- JASON – JSON parsing with outstanding performances and convenient operators.
- Fuzi – A fast & lightweight XML/HTML parser with XPath & CSS support in Swift 2.
- Tailor – A super fast & convenient object mapper tailored for your needs.
Databases implemented in Swift.
- Realm – A mobile database that runs directly on phones, tablets or wearables.
- SQLite.swift – A pure Swift framework wrapping SQLite3. Small. Simple. Safe.
- SwiftData – A simple and effective wrapper around the SQLite3 C API written completely in Swift.
- Squeal – A Swift wrapper for SQLite databases.
- SQLiteDB – Basic SQLite wrapper for Swift.
- SwiftMongoDB – A Swift driver for MongoDB.
Libraries for testing codebases and generating test data.
- Quick – A behaviour-driven development test framework for Swift and Objective-C.
- Sleipnir – A BDD-style framework for Swift.
- Nimble – A Matcher Framework for Swift.
- Fakery – Swift fake data generator.
- SwiftRandom – Generator for random data.
- MockFive – A mocking framework for Swift with runtime function stubbing.
Libraries for generating documentation files.
- jazzy – A soulful way to generate docs for Swift & Objective-C
Libraries for one-to-many communications.
- Caravel – A Swift event bus for UIWebView and JS
- EmitterKit – An elegant event framework built in Swift
- Swift-Custom-Events – A very simple way to implement Backbone.js style custom event listeners and triggering in Swift for iOS development.
- Kugel – A glorious Swift wrapper around NSNotificationCenter
Libraries for working with event and task queues.
- TaskQueue – A Task Queue Class developed in Swift.
- Dispatcher – Queues, timers, and task groups in Swift
- GCDKit – Grand Central Dispatch simplified Swift.
Swift libraries and wrappers for HTTP clients.
- Alamofire – an HTTP networking library written in Swift.
- SwiftHTTP – Thin wrapper around NSURLSession in swift. Simplifies HTTP requests.
- Net – HttpRequest wrapper written in Swift.
- OAuthSwift – Swift based OAuth library for iOS
- Moya – Network abstraction layer written in Swift
- Just – HTTP for Humans (python-requests style HTTP library)
- SocketIO-Kit – Socket.io iOS/OSX Client compatible with v1.0 and later
- SwiftWebSocket – High-performance WebSocket client library for Swift.
- AeroGear IOS Http – is a thin layer to take care of your HTTP requests working with NSURLSession.
- Nuke – Advanced framework for loading and caching images
- Siesta – Ends state headaches by providing a resource-centric alternative to the familiar request-centric approach to HTTP.
- Taylor – a web server library in Swift.
- Perfect – a web framework tayin Swift.
- Swifter – an HTTP server engine in Swift.
- Kingfisher – A lightweight and pure Swift implemented a library for downloading and caching image from the web.
Libraries for caching.
- HanekeSwift – A lightweight generic cache for iOS written in Swift with extra love for images.
- Carlos – A simple but flexible cache for iOS and WatchOS 2 apps, written in Swift.
Libraries for generating secure random numbers, encrypting data and scanning for vulnerabilities.
- CryptoSwift – Crypto related functions and helpers for Swift implemented in Swift programming language.
- SHA256-Swift – Swift framework wrapping CommonCrypto’s SHA256 methods.
- SwiftSSL – An Elegant crypto toolkit in Swift.
- SwiftyRSA – RSA public/private key encryption in Swift
Libraries for generating and working with log files.
- QorumLogs — Swift Logging Utility for Xcode & Google Docs.
- CleanroomLogger – A configurable and extensible pure Swift logging API that is simple, lightweight and performant.
- XCGLogger – A debug log framework for use in Swift projects.
- Swell – A logging utility for Swift and Objective C.
- Log – A logging tool with built-in themes, formatters, and a nice API to define yours owns.
- NSLogger – A high-performance logging utility which displays traces emitted by client applications running on Mac OS X, iOS and Android.
Libraries for creating command-line applications.
- CommandCougar – An elegant pure Swift library for building command line applications.
- AudioKit – Audio synthesis, processing, and analysis platform
- MusicKit – Framework and DSL for creating, analyzing, and transforming music in Swift
- WebMIDIKit – Simplest MIDI Swift framework
Third Party APIs
Libraries for accessing third party APIs.
- GooglePlacesAutocomplete – Simple Google Places address entry for iOS.
- Swifter – A Twitter framework for iOS & OS X written in Swift
- SwiftIB – An InteractiveBrokers API Library for OS X written in Swift. InteractiveBrokers is one of a few, if not the best, brokerage company provide Gateway+API solution for traders.
- swiftz – A Swift library for functional programming.
- Observable-Swift – Value Observing and Events for Swift.
- PromiseKit – A delightful Promises implementation for iOS.
- Promissum – Promise library with functional combinators like
- Promise – Simple promises library in Swift.
- PureFutures – Futures and Promises library
- SwiftTask – Promise + progress + pause + cancel, using SwiftState (state machine).
- Pythonic.swift – Pythonic tool-belt for Swift – a Swift implementation of selected parts of Python standard library.
- SWRoute – A tiny Swift wrapper. Allows you to route (hook) quite any function/method with another function/method or even a closure.
- Euler – Swift Custom Operators for Mathematical Notation.
- swix – Swift Matrix and Machine Learning Library.
- Easy-Cal-Swift – Overload +-*/ operator for Swift, make it easier to use (and not so strict).
- AlecrimCoreData – A simple Core Data wrapper library written in Swift.
- Async – Syntactic sugar in Swift for asynchronous dispatches in Grand Central Dispatch.
- SwiftState – Elegant state machine for Swift.
- LlamaKit – Collection of must-have functional Swift tools.
- ReactKit – Swift Reactive Programming.
- Basis – A number of foundational functions, types, and typeclasses.
- CAAnimation + Closure – Add start / completion closures for CAAnimation instances
- SwiftyUserDefaults — a cleaner, swiftier API for NSUserDefaults
- Pluralize.swift – Great Swift String Pluralize Extension
- SwiftSequence – A μframework of extensions for SequenceType in Swift 2.0, inspired by Python’s itertools, Haskell’s standard library, and other things.
- BrightFutures – Write great asynchronous code in Swift using futures and promises.
- EZSwiftExtensions – ? How Swift standard types and classes were supposed to work.
- BFKit-Swift – A collection of useful classes to develop Apps faster.
- Sugar – Something sweet that goes great with your Cocoa.
- acli – commandline tool to download curated libraries from github (very beta)
- Compass – Compass helps you setup a central navigation system for your application.
- R.swift – tool to get strong typed, autocompleted resources like images and segues in your Swift project
- SwiftKVC – Key-Value Coding (KVC) for native Swift classes and structs
- Tactile – A safer and more idiomatic way to respond to gestures and control events.
- SwiftValidators – String validation for iOS developed in Swift. Inspired by validator.js
- Versions – Helping you find inner peace when comparing version numbers in Swift
Various resources, such as books, websites and articles, for improving your Swift development skills and knowledge.
- Official website – A home page of Swift programming language.
- Official blog – Official Swift Blog.
- Jameson Quave’s blog – Tips for everyday work with Swift.
- Swift Collection on Medium – Collection of blog posts about Swift on Medium.
- Swift Collection on raywenderlich.com – Collection of blog posts about Swift on raywenderlich.
- SwiftInFlux – An attempt to gather all that is in flux in Swift.
- We ❤ Swift – Tutorials and guides.
- Natasha The Robot – a Nice blog about Swift by Natasha The Robot.
- LearnSwift.tips – A curated list of helpful resources to learn Swift. Tutorials, Code Samples, References.
- Hacking with Swift – a complete Swift training course that teaches you app development through 36 hands-on projects, for free.
- SwiftLang – a Swift Resource Center & Community.
- WWDC17-Recap – Markdown collection repo for the sessions taking place at WWDC17.
- Cocoacasts – Tutorials and videos about Swift and Cocoa development.
- The Swift Programming Language
- Using Swift with Cocoa and Objective-C
- Swift Standard Library Reference
- Learn to Program iOS and OS X with Apple Swift
- TheSwiftLanguage youtube channel – Videos about the Swift programming language by Apple.
- Brian Advent youtube channel – High-quality Swift tutorials.
- SkipCasts youtube channel – Skip Wilson’s casts on Swift.
- Developing iOS 8 Apps with Swift – Stanford course by Paul Hegarty.
- Learn-swift playground – Learn Swift interactively through these playgrounds.
- Design-Patterns-In-Swift – Design Patterns implemented in Swift.
- SwiftStub – an online Swift playground and REPL.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply